- networking enables representation of local government in Europe;
- provides a privileged framework for promoting innovation and exchanging experiences at transnational level;
- provides good basis for the development of long lasting partnerships;
- supports the partners in the identification of EU programs and joint presentation of EU projects;
- provides a good basis for constant update and periodic confrontation both at political and operational level.
The benefits of networking are:
- the exchange of experiences and know-how;
- the sharing of offers and demands for partnership;
- the sharing of information of common interest;
- the representation of the concerns of Medium Sized cities and towns within the fields of European Governments.
The advantages of medium-sized cities
- human scale
- proximity of/to citizens
- participation in democracy
- closer relationships between stakeholders
- ability to deliver policy and practice quicker and more efficiently
- quality of life
- lower levels of congestion and better air quality
- availability of good quality land
City networking is an important practice for reinforcing European Cohesion. In addition to being an area of cooperation between communities, participation in such networks enables representation of local government in Europe. It also provides a privilege framework for promoting innovation and exchanging experiences at transnational level. The benefits of networking are:
- The exchange of experiences and know-how
- The sharing of offers and demands for partneship
- The sharing of information of common interest
- The representation of the concerns of Medium Sized cities and towns within the fiels of European Governments
One of the main aims of Eurotowns is to reinforce these networking activities between the city members.
If you are interesting in JOIN THE NETWORK please:
- Contact the Eurotowns Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Expression your of interest (discussed in the EC- possible participation to the EC)
- Acceptance formalised next General Assembly 2016
- Fee of participation is 3.500 €, free contribution for the first year.
Please for any request contact the Secretariat: email@example.com